Saturday, May 03, 2008





So, we sold our house to a lovely Australian woman. She writes every once and a while and even sent photos of the garden. Penny has asked if there is anything I would like shipped. Funny how it's people and food I miss the most. There are few places outside of Glassell (and that's really about the people, too) that I miss - especially in the city itself.
Anyway, Penny, here's my list:


A little sweet something from John George - preferably made in the toaster oven

Sopa Azteca from La Mexicana

A raspberry pie from Judy - berries must be hand-picked, crust homemade - I'll provide the store bought icecream

A Shiner Bock from the Alabama Icehouse

Christi's homemade pasta and meat sauce - please accompany with a little political conversation, lots of wine and a sidebar conversation on desert island discs (I'm working on mine - it ALWAYS changes).

Kimberley's secret seasoning mix

Chocolate Brownies from the French Gourmet Baker - Erin will pick up

A margarita from ANYWHERE

A tuna bagel with Cheetos from The Hot Bagel Shop on Shepherd - I know they say they're open until 2:30 pm, but get there by 1:00 they may decide to close early.

A little hitchy- hotch from one of Joanie's catering jobs (yummy) followed with a game of Scrabble. Rick will pick up dessert.

Finally, I'll take 1/2 Italian Toast and one egg over easy from the Empire Cafe - who's in?

1 comment:

Sue K said...

Your comments are so true. When I visited Houston in April I wanted to visit friends and go to specific restaurants that I missed. One of which was a place that makes EXCELLENT margarita's.

Sue :-)