Saturday, January 03, 2009

Abel Tasman Park

Sue and Lee came to visit and the action was nonstop. It was like being tourists again. Too much fun.

Abel Tasman Park has to be one of my favorite spots. Last week we took a water taxi which dropped us off for a 13k hike. The wind was up and the water was really choppy. It was exhilarating....like a 30 minute amusement ride.

They hitch the boats onto tractors and drive down the surf until the water is deep enough.

With winds like these, it was a great day for parasurfing. I swear these guys get airborne. Something I'd definitely like to try.


Once back on terra firma you get treated to some of the most spectacular scenery imaginable - amongst lush foliage, rolling hills spill into the turquoise waters. It takes my breath away.
It was so nice to share this magical place with Sue and Lee.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scenery truly is incredible. Are you ever coming back?

Barbara said...

I know, Sue will confirm (I think) that this is truly a magical place. I constantly weigh community versus location. It's not easy. But, yesterday I heard the familiar voice of Neighbor Judy. My heart ached for all the wonderful people in Houston.

I guess it's one day at a time. We're definitely here until March 2010. Plenty of time for a visit, eh! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Frankletts,
Its that time of the year when the fish swim and swim and swim.
I know I haven't been the best fish...for all intents and porpoises dropping off the earth via California...but when I saw Drew's bike corral how could I not remember ours in La Grange...B,it is your birthday, today. Happy Birthday. And D. i missed yours...mea culpa.Happy belated birthday much love to each and all Patti