Saturday, January 26, 2008




On car pricing: Drive out means drive out!


What a sexy car we have purchased. A burgundy Honda Accord wagon - now that'll turn heads. As I am chronicling small differences between US and NZ culture I've got to say that the price posted in the window was EXACTLY what we paid for this car. There was no added TTL. No cleaning charge. No registration. No document fee. nothing. In fact, the dealership owner sent me up the street to get the plates with his own blank check, as we were in a hurry to get it plated up and turn in our rental.


We have yet to name him/her. Suggestions?

7 comments:

Sue K said...

Hmm . . . how about Kiwi or Pikachu!

Anonymous said...

stunner. she looks like a madre...or missy..or mijjy. yes, i would call her mijjy. :-)

Anonymous said...

pepper, sounds good or violet

Suzanne said...

If you haven't named your car yet.....
She looks like a "Ruby" to me!

Anonymous said...

That might be the nicest car you have ever owned.

ME and CH

Barbara said...

Okay, we had decided on Ruby, but then Andrew said it was a boy car.....so, we changed it to Ruben.

Sue K said...

Rueben . . . I like that. Although I like Ruby too. I think of glittery slippers and magical places.

Sue