Monday, July 14, 2008

Well, after 22 days in the mother country I am back "home" ....... back to my glass enclosed studio listening to my old friends Granddaddy and Michelle Shocked.

The trip was great in so many ways. I can't just do highlights, everything was fun. So, here's a chronological synopsis of the good times in the Northern Hemisphere.

Meiningers Art Supply - such variety, so many cool thing all in one place. Thanks to Nancy and all the good people there! I've missed well-stocked art supply stores.

Erin and Kimberley visit - How lucky am I to have such great friends come up and see me. Good food, good friends, good times.

Sister Sue returns - back from Germany bearing Maoams and Bockenschokolade. The Energizer Bunny prepares for a grand celebration as if she just returned from the spa.

Dub and Frieda's 5oth Anniversary - an event to remember. Congratulations to this lovely couple who have kept it together for so long - 50 years deserves a celebration. Loved meeting Jess and Dave and Lee's wonderful sister Melissa.

A visit with Sharon - My dynamic sister-in-law never ceases to amaze me. Hosting a panel on Native American land rights at Boulder University, Sharon squeezed in a bite to eat and talk of what's next - it will never be dull or predictable.

The Klinkes and Kories arrive - I feel blessed to have such a supportive family to come see me flop or fly. What a fine young man my nephew Matt is becoming - I am in awe.

The Cherry Creek Art Festival - The event I have been dreaming of. It lived up to all expectations and was a blast. Thank you to all who came and supported this artist from down under. To all extended, the invitation stands. Come sit at our patio in Nelson, NZ and enjoy a glass of wine. ....spend a night, or two.....or three.

Thank you Sue and Lee for having me at your beautiful new home in Colorado. I enjoyed our time together. Can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Sue K said...

Lee and I were SO SO glad to have you visit us. I miss you a lot and can't wait to have a glass of wine with you guys on your patio. xoxo Sue

Anonymous said...

Your art show was a smashing success and I'm still in awe of what you usually do by yourself to set up and break down. It was sooo gooood to see you again. That glass of wine on your patio is sounding pretty good. The pictures arrived safe and sound and winter is now out to be framed. I can't wait to do this again.