Saturday, August 30, 2008

My New Baby
When I got back from Denver this July, Duane said he had learned about a downtown space for lease.

I was kind of ready for a rest, but knew that this was a one of a kind opportunity. Attached to the Independent Theater and right by the cathedral, the location was fab.

Good location, great light, right price......

It was time to get to work.

After painting and cleaning, hanging lights and buying furniture, we now have Mockingbird Studio - named in honor of the state bird of Texas.

I open officially September 1. But, Friday I had a few drop-ins. One who kindly took my picture.
I even had my first NZ sale!
And, so the adventure begins.

7 comments:

Sue K said...

WOO HOO!!! How exciting!!!! Soon art museums around the world will be buying you art to hang in their galleries. xoxo Sue

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! What a great space. The studio looks terrific. Congrats. Let us know when the galleries and the museums come calling. We are so proud of you. Keep up the great work. xoxo Margit

Anonymous said...

Well done, Franklets. Congrats and good luck! -TimP-

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the exciting new venture~I know it will be a smashing success. You did a fab job with the space....I want one too :)
Cheers! xoxNan

Barbara said...

Thanks for all your words of encouragement.....now if only all this rain would stop!

Anonymous said...

OMG Barbara! I got tears in my eyes! How fantastic! I wish I could visit you! Congratulations!!!!

Love,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I'm SO proud of you. I love how you just get up and DO something--that's the way life should be lived--go for it!
gx