Monday, March 31, 2008





We are becoming quite the chefs! A couple of days ago my dad, my brother, and I got some mussels at the market. To cook them we first had to make sure they were alive by tapping thier shells to see if they would close, because dead ones don't work. We would then scrub them and pull off their beard which is some plant connected to the mussel. We boiled them until they opened and then I pulled off the upper part of the shell. We put them in a pan and sprinkled some cheese and salt and spices on them, and then we put them in the oven to cook. In the end I didn't really like them, but it was cool that we made them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dean, mussels are an aquired taste. Someday you may like them. Then on the other hand you may never really like them. I like a lot of other shellfish, clams, oysters, even snails, but mussels are not on my like list either. It was really cool that you got to learn about them and cook them. You're getting to be quite the chef.

Anonymous said...

i agree dean they arent that good to me. also we took the reading taks and stand... and iam going to lanier. ^-^

Anonymous said...

WOW! Dean what else can you make? I'm learning to cook because I'm a boy scout. We went on backpacked trip(which means you carry around a 35lb. backpack with all ur stuff)and we had to cook this HORRIBLE freeze dried food.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, also I'm going to Lanier.