Sunday, February 10, 2008





The days are filled with sun and fun, but at night I dream of Texas. How odd it has been to go from a busy pace to so much calm and quiet. I miss my friends, my home and my 'hood, but am working on embracing this slower pace. And, while part of me wants to dive in and meet people and get active, another wants to learn the Zen of being alone and small.

One of my favorite things is swimming in the bay. The water is quite cold - Arctic by Texas standards (65). I gradually submerge myself, acclimating and then going a bit
further in until I throw down the gauntlet and just dive under. It's exhilarating and knocks my breath away. The Kiwi oldsters are amazing. Often I see couples going out for there morning dip. They dive in like it's no BIG DEAL. Maybe in a year I can do it!

Saturday Andrew, Duane and I drove out to Monaco peninsula. I sat on a bench and saw Andrew intently leaning on Duane. I knew they were adorable....but, what was so captivating? Ah, when one is completely still, little crabs emerge to feed. There were thousands everywhere, but a single movement and they disappear. We loved listening to an angry, squalking seagull try and cajole them out, no luck.

It is a gift to be surrounded by water.

It feeds the soul and gives us peace........and lots of entertainment.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The crabs sound cool. I liked the sand castle you made. I would like to try that challenge course.
love,
Eric